The Augustus Trophy is located on the border between Gaul and Italy, it celebrates the unity and power of the Roman Empire.
It is a unique example in its size and the historical importance it represents, it is one of the wonders of the architectural heritage of the Alpes-Maritimes,not to be missed under any circumstances!
Visit the Augustus Trophy Museum, join the monument's panoramic terrace to discover a unique view of the entire coast from Italy to the Gulf of Saint Tropez, and stroll through its huge wooded park. It's possible every day, all year round, except Monday.
The Auguste Trophy is the first stop on the cross-border tourist route "Via Julia Augusta", which crosses 9 historic Italian and French sites, between La Turbie and Ventimiglia:
- the Alpine Trophy in La Turbie
- the Oppidum of The Mount of Mules in Beausoleil
- Villa Lumone Tomb in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- the Museum of Regional Prehistory in Menton
- the Caves and the Balzi Rossi Prehistoric Museum in Ventimiglia
- Hanbury Botanical Gardens and Latte Plain in Ventimiglia
- the G. Rossi Archaeological Museum in Ventimiglia
- San Michele Church in Ventimiglia
- the excavations of the Roman city of Albintimilium in Ventimiglia
Call for more information.
Open on sunday